Anglican Deanery of London

The Anglican Deanery of London was formed on September 1, 2013, replacing the Deaneries of Brough, Medway and Wellington

The new deanery includes the following congregations:

    console

  • Grace Ilderton
  • All Saints, London
  • Bishop Cronyn, London
  • Christ Church, London
  • Christ Church, Glanworth
  • Church of the Ascension, London
  • Epiphany, London
  • Holy Trinity, London
  • St Anne’s, Byron
  • St Aidan’s, London
  • St Andrew Memorial, London
  • St Alban’s, London
  • St George’s, London
  • Saint James’ Westminster, London
  • St John the Divine, Arva
  • St John the Evangelist, London
  • St Jude’s, London
  • St Luke’s, London
  • St Mark’s, London
  • St Martin-in-the-Field, London
  • St Michael and All Angels, London
  • St Paul’s Cathedral, London
  • St. Stephen’s Memorial, London
  • Trinity, Lambeth, London
  • St. George‚Äôs, Middlesex Center

December 22, 2013 at 11:37 pm

Deanery of Brough

The Deanery of Brough consisted of 7 churches. September 1, 2013, Brough, along with the Deaneries of Medway and Wellington, ceased to exist when the new Deanery of London was formed.

Bishop Cronyn Memorial Church; Church of St John the Evangelist; St Alban the Martyr Anglican Church; St John the Evangelist Chapel; St. Jude’s Anglican Church; St Luke’s Anglican Church, Broughdale; and St Paul’s Anglican Cathedral were all included in the new Deanery of London.

Following the reorganization, the Bishop appointed Rev. Canon Dr. Kevin George, of St. Aidan’s Church, Dean of London.

December 1, 2013 at 3:29 pm

Deanery of Medway

The Deanery of Medway had 12 congregations in 9 parishes. September 1, 2013, Medway, along with the Deaneries of Brough and Wellington, ceased to exist when the new Deanery of London was formed.

St John the Divine, Arva; Grace Church, Ilderton; St George’s Church, Middlesex Centre; St Martin-in-the-Fields, London; Church of the Transfiguration, London; St Aidan’s Church, London; St Anne’s Church, Byron; and St George’s Church, London were included in the new Deanery of London.

St James Church, Parkhill and St John the Evangelist, Strathroy were transferred to the Deanery of Lambton.

Holy Trinity Church, Lucan and St. James Church, Clandeboye were transferred to the Deanery of Huron/Perth.

November 24, 2013 at 11:30 pm

Wellington Deanery

All Saints Anglican Church

All Saints Anglican Church

September 1, 2013, the Deanery of Wellington was amalgamated with the Deaneries of Medway and Brough to form the new Deanery of London.

All Saints’ Church, Christ Church, Church of the Ascension, Holy Trinity Church, St Andrew Memorial Church, St Mark’s Church and St Stephen’s Memorial Church became part of the new Deanery of London.

St Peter’s Church, Dorchester joined the Deanery of Oxford.
Shown right are stained glass windows at
All Saints Anglican Church
249 Hamilton Road
London Ontario.

September 1, 2013 at 11:04 pm

St. Luke’s Church, Vienna, Ontario

13 Edison Drive

Vienna, Ontario

The present brick building was erected in 1861 replacing a building that had burned to the ground the previous year. The beams and timbers, as well as the choir stalls and the pulpit were hand hewn from the red pine that grew locally.

St. Luke’s is part of a 3-point charge along with Trinity Anglican Church in Port Burwell and Trinity Church in Aylmer. Rev. Adele Miles has been incumbant since May 2007.

June 22, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Rev’d Gary Nicolosi

Rev'd Gary NicolosiThe Rev’d Gary Nicolosi will be inducted as Rector of St. James Westminster at a choral evensong on Sunday, September 19th at 4pm.

The Ven. June Hough, Archdeacon of Erie, will officiate and induct Gary on behalf of the Bishop.

September 13, 2010 at 2:51 pm

St. John the Evangelist Chapel

Huron University College, London, OntarioHuron University College
1349 Western Road
London, Ontario

The Collegiate Chapel of St. John the Evangelist was built in the early 1950’s to replace a building that had been built in the 1860’s. The pews face one another and the chapel can seat up to 160 people including the balcony.
Inside St John the Evangelist Chapel, London, Ontario
The chapel is always available for prayer or meditation. Regular services every week are:

  • Tues., Wed. and Fri.
    8:40 a.m. Morning Prayer (Eucharist on Saint’s Days)
  • Thursday: 10:40 a.m.
    Holy Eucharist
  • Sunday: 11:00 a.m.
    Holy Eucharist
  • Sunday: Evensong or Compline (sung)
    – as announced

Clergy:
Rev. Canon William Cliff, Rev. Susan Baldwin, Rev. Canon Doug Leighton, Rev. Dr. Jay Koyle, Rev. Dr. Todd Townshend, Rev. Dr. Bill Danaher

June 2, 2009 at 11:40 pm

Older Posts


Categories

  • Blogroll

  • Feeds