St Anne’s Church, Byron

May 26, 2009 at 11:54 pm

St Anne's Church, Byron, London, OntarioSt. Anne’s is a lovely stone church built in 1853. The parish hall was built in the 1950s and has seen several major renovations, the most recent being in 1996. It is in use almost every night.

Byron is in the southwest part of London. The area was annexed by the City of London in 1961.

Sunday Services:
8:30 a.m. Book of Common Prayer
10:00 a.m. Holy Communion from the Book of Alternate Services with Morning Prayer typically held on the third Sunday.

Clergy:   Rev’d Canon Janet Lynall and Rev’d Deacon Ken Brooks.

Shown is the “Christ Ascending To Heaven” window above the altar, installed in 1937 in memory of Archibald M. Kains and his wife, Mary Hicks. Archie was a pioneer member of St. Anne’s Church, and worked hard to accomplish the rebuilding of the neglected little chapel in 1877 and to have it properly consecrated by Bishop Isaac Hellmuth in 1878.

Website of   St Anne’s Anglican Church, Byron, Ontario

Advertisements

Entry filed under: London Deanery, Medway Deanery. Tags: .

Anglican Deanery of Oxford St. John the Evangelist Chapel


Calendar

May 2009
M T W T F S S
« Apr   Jun »
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Most Recent Posts


%d bloggers like this: