About

London, Ontario is the see city of the Diocese of Huron. It became the see city when the diocese was established in 1857 and St Paul’s Church became the cathedral.

London’s first resident Anglican clergyman was Benjamin Cronyn who arrived in 1832 and was to become the first bishop of the Diocese of Huron. His church, St Paul’s, was a frame church built in 1835 and destroyed by fire in 1844. The brick building erected to replace it was to become the cathedral.

The second Anglican Church was Christ Church built in 1863. In 1873, 2 more churches were built, Memorial Church (now Cronyn Memorial) and St James Westminster. There are now more than 20 Anglican Churches in London.


%d bloggers like this: